Re: CSSStyleDeclaration: Setting only a value or a priority

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 21:04:32 +0200, Peter Sloetjes <pjs.nl@live.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 16:54:47 +0200, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Could CSS custom filters be used to address this use case?
>
> Clearly there are more color domains than rgba. Transforms in those
> domains do require custom implementations, because they normally are
> nonlinear in the rgba-domain.

I don't know enough about CSS custom filters to tell if it's feasible for
these use cases or not.

> Other use cases do not involve graphics at all, such as custom
> transformations of font sizes.

Is IE's 'zoom' property inadequate for this use case?

> My request is basically to remove the built-in inefficiency at this very
> low level of the specification.

Yes, I understand that. I just need to know what the use cases are and see
whether there are other solutions that address those use cases *better*.

cheers
--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software