Re: [css-cascade-3] Potentially missing definitions and use case for reincluding "default value"

Le 12/08/2013 18:58, Mike Sherov a écrit :
> I was surprised that "default value" wasn't already documented somewhere
> (I thought it was), and I think it should be a documented value type,
> and I love .defaultStyle, .initialStyle, .*style because I think it
> provides appropriately low-level access. That's just me though :-).
>
> If I had my way, I'd keep both: box:none AND .defaultStyle.

The thing is, "default style" as you describe it is not a thing that
exists in implementations. It would requires re-running the full cascade
(but with only UA stylesheets), which can be quite expensive. It’s
really different from "initial value" which is already there.

--
Simon Sapin