Re: [css3-multicol] Test with excessively wide column-gaps

From: Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 20:41:46 -0400
To: "Morten Stenshorne" <mstensho@opera.com>
Le Mer 7 août 2013 18:07, Morten Stenshorne a écrit :
> "Gérard Talbot" <www-style@gtalbot.org> writes:
>
>> We have hundreds of tests which use Ahem font and correspondent
>> reference
>> test files using images. This is the first I hear about what you say.
>> So,
>> this is somehow worrisome.
>
> OK, maybe my setup is weird. :)
>
> Can't say I'm too fond of the Ahem font.

One additional reason (on top of others I mentioned) as to why I am fond
of the Ahem font is that a blank space (U+0020) for Windows fonts (say,
Times New Roman) occupies usually 4px but under other operating systems
using another font as default font, it could be less or more (say, 5px
under Linux using DejaVu Sans). With Ahem font, it is 1em. And so, tests
across platforms can be more reliable with Ahem font.

Gérard
--
CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011

Contributions to CSS 2.1 test suite