Re: [css3-background] "Margins are always transparent" missing

Le 11/04/2013 00:06, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
>> You can talk about the initial value of background-clip
>> as "the default", but it’s really paraphrasing what’s already defined.
> Where exactly do you see "background-clip" in the following image or flash
> object?
>
> Where exactly do you see "background painting area" in the following image
> or flash object?
>
> http://www.hicksdesign.co.uk/journal/3d-css-box-model
>
> http://www.redmelon.net/tstme/box_model/

Well, that’s kind of my point: The image and flash object are incomplete
for UAs that support css3-background.

In CSS 2.1, the background painting area (although the concept is not
named) is always the border area of a box. This is what (among other
things) the image of flash object describe.

css3-background normatively and unambiguously redefines the concept.

I still think it’s redundant, but would it address your concern to add a
note like this in the definition of background-clip?

--
Simon Sapin