Re: [css3-transitions] Frame Rate

Is this 60fps defined in a spec, or is it just accepted practice?

The flash player allows setting of the frame rate and this is a
*guaranteed* number
of frames per second. This means that if a script or an animation takes too
long, the animation will start skipping frames so things stay in perfect
sync (ie if you want to sync audio or video with an animation) but scripts
will still run.
The event model in browsers is not compatible with this so we'd need a
major architecture change if this should be added.

Rik