Re: [css3-transitions] Frame Rate

On 28 September 2012 15:04, Zachary “Gamer_Z.” Yaro <zmyaro@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I am reading this correctly—and I may not be—it sounds like what you want
> is not necessarily a way to limit the frame rate, but a way to turn off
> interpolation.
>
> —Zachary “Gamer_Z.” Yaro

To be clear:

1) I am not asking for this, I have no need for it. I am attempting to
clear up confusion over what was wanted by the thread orginator.

2) Turning off interpolation is not what's wanted. Animation tools
still perform interpolation, they just limit the framerate of the
generated animation.

If an animator is creating an animation by drawing four or five frames
per second, then relying on interpolation to generate the rest up to
24 fps, then the option to turn off interpolation in CSS will not help
them.

Let me try and illustrate it:

   Time               0.00        0.25        0.50        0.75        1.00
1) Animator Drawn     x           x           x           x           x
2) Tool Interpolated  x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
3) CSS Interpolated   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The animator draws the frames in 1), they want the final output to
contain the frames in 2), but CSS produces the frames in 3). Disabling
interpolation will give them 1) in the final output, not 2).

Jon Rimmer