Re: [css3-mediaqueries] (min-resolution: 0dpi) is false in several browsers.

Le 21/10/2012 13:37, Kenneth Rohde Christiansen a écrit :
> According to my interpretation of the spec, (resolution) will evaluate
> to true if (resolution:x) will evaluate to true for a value x other
> than zero or zero followed by a valid unit identifier (i.e., other
> than 0, 0dpi, 0dpcm, or 0dppx.).

This is not relevant to the issue in my original message. You’re quoting
the third item of the list at the beginning of section 4:

http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries/#media1

This item defines how to evaluate a query with just a feature name,
without a value, like (resolution). If the resolution of my computer
screen is 96 device pixels per CSS inch, (resolution: 96dpi) will
evaluate to true. Since 96 is not zero, (resolution) is true as well.

No issue here.

> I would guess that means that 0, odpi, etc should evaluate to false.

This third item says nothing about how to evaluate (min-resolution:
0dpi). In the *second* item of the same list, the min- prefix is defined
as expressing "greater or equal to". 96dpi is greater than 0dpi,
therefore (min-resolution: 0dpi) should be true.

But implementations seem to disagree. I think this is a bug, but I would
like to confirm: is there something else I missing in the spec that
could explain this behavior? Is there a use case where this behavior is
desired?

Chers,
--
Simon Sapin