Timezone/DST changes (Was: Re: [CSSWG] Minutes Telecon 2012-10-17)

Le 18/10/2012 00:50, fantasai a écrit :
> <SimonSapin> the conf call changes timezones next week, right?
> <kenneth> oh?
> <SimonSapin> I think it’s noon Boston time, but there is a DST change

I was wrong is multiple ways here. After some fact checking:

Europe switch from "summer time" (CEST, UTC+2) to "winter time" (CET,
UTC+1) on the last Sunday of October, 2012-10-28.
Easter US does a similar switch from EDT (UTC-4) to EST (UTC-5) but on
the first Sunday of November, 2012-11-04.
(Of course if you’re neither in the US nor in Europe, your local
timezone might change at yet another date or not at all.)

This means that there is just one week where noon Boston time is 17h
(5pm) in Europe instead of the usual 18h. But that week happens to be
during TPAC so I suppose there will not be a conf call.

Conclusion: France switches just before TPAC, be careful of that if
you’re traveling!

Cheers,
--
Simon Sapin