Re: Alternative Style Sheets

On Friday, October 12, 2012, 12:54:22 PM, Anton wrote:

AP> What's missing is some UI to notify the user that there is an
AP> alternative stylesheet available. That's what makes the thing fairly
AP> useless in practice, IMO.

Much older versions of Firefox used to display a little icon in the bottom right, if there was an alternate stylesheet. I liked that a lot, because mostly the icon was not there and on the odd page that provided alternate stylesheets, you could see it and click on it for a list.

Getting shoved off several levels deep into a menu pretty much guarantees that the feature is not used even if present.

AP> I don't think any of this is something that this WG should tackle,
AP> though; it's a UA thing.

Unfortunately true.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG