Re: [css3-writing-modes] before/after terminology alternative? - FO and CSS names

"Martin J. Dürst" <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote on 2012/10/11 16:20:31
> On 2012/10/11 16:01, Simon Sapin wrote:
> > Le 11/10/2012 08:46, Philippe Wittenbergh a écrit :
> >> 'block-before' sounds a bit strange when one wants to apply the
> >> equivalent of 'padding-top' to an inline (or inline-block) element.
>
> Yes, in that case it sounds a bit strange. But overall, I like Liam's
> proposal quite a bit, in my eyes it's definitely better than
> start/end/head/foot.

I like 'block-before' and 'block-after' as terms in the CSS spec,
but as keywords in property names and values, 'before' and 'after'
are good enough, like 'padding-before' and 'padding-after'.
This is same as that the CSS Writing Modes defines 'line-left' and
'line-right' but the property values for those are 'left' and 'right'
(in text-align etc.)

Shinyu Murakami
Antenna House