Re: Any plans to add a method for suppressing white space between inline-block elements?

Le 24 nov. 2012 à 20:42, François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com> a écrit :

> I completely agree with you on this. Sometimes, I forget to put the comments and I waste time looking at why my layout is not pixel perfect as I expected.
>
> This issue is already logged in CSS Text (level 3) as Issue #3: "There have been requests for the ability to "discard" white space; the current definition has no facility for this".
>
> To make it more formal, let's propose something like this:
>
>   white-space: [ <old-values>? ||  <whitespace-trim>? ]
>   white-space-trim: auto | trim | trim-line | preserve;

Something like that used to be in CSS 3 text, but it moved to the next level:

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css4-text/#white-space-collapsing

(I could use that right now… and I can't change the mark-up in anyway, CMS generated)

Philippe
--
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com