Re: [css3-writing-modes] before/after terminology alternative?

Le May 29, 2012 à 4:30 PM, François REMY a écrit :

> From: L. David Baron
> > Are we sure 'head' / 'foot' are actually writing-mode-independent
> > terms, as opposed to effectively being terms for 'top' / 'bottom'?
>
> If we consider the head and the foot of a glyph, yes.

Head and foot of a Japanese/Chinese character (glyph) in vertical writing-mode won't match your illustration, though.

Head / Foot are an improvement over head / tail, but I'm not yet clear in my mind that it equates to 'beginning / end' of a block in the block flow direction.

--
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com