Re: Fwd:[css4-mediaqueries] Bandwidth Media Queries

Looks like I forgot to comment on it. I think it's useful but hard or
even downright impossible to implement:

- I doubt UAs or even the OS has access to this sort of information (at
least without running some sort of speedtest).
- Bandwidth is not static, it can fluctuate even on the same network. So
to find out, the browser would have to run a speedtest at a specified
interval. This would slow down performance or even be unacceptable in
certain cases (e.g. data roaming)

Since there is an API for this [1], it could be done using a little bit
of JS and classes, so that the author can control how often to query the
result themselves.

[1]:
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/network-api/index.html#introduction

Lea Verou (http://lea.verou.me | @LeaVerou)