Re: [css3-images] Comments on object sizing terminology

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 10:09:51 +0100, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

> | If an object (such as an icon) has multiple sizes, then the largest
> size
> | (by area) is taken as its intrinsic size. If it has multiple aspect
> ratios
> | at that size, or has multiple aspect ratios and no size, then the
> aspect
> | ratio closest to the aspect ratio of the default object size is used,
> as
> | determined by minimizing the area in a "contain" fit of the default
> object
> | size; between equivalently-mismatched images, the wider image is
> chosen.

Interpreting the "as determined by [...]" clause takes some effort, I
think it would be better if the procedure is spelled out in more detail.
And shouldn't it be *maximizing* the area, or have I still not decrypted
it correctly?

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA