Re: [CSS] font-size-adjust curiosity

On Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 8:20:45 PM, John wrote:

JH> On 06/03/12 5:12 PM, John Daggett wrote:

>>  I think that coming up some form of per-script sizing factor is a
>> reasonable addition but I think we should consider it for CSS4 Fonts,
>> rather than at this level.

JH> That's fine. In terms of font data, it might be useful to start looking
JH> at this now. I have managed to interest some folk in revisiting the idea
JH> of script- and language-specific linespacing metrics, and
JH> script-specific font-size-adjust factor would be an obvious thing to
JH> look at within the same context and OFF spec update.

I agree that this is useful functionality (and also that it should be scoped for CSS4 Fonts) and also thatit is useful to start looking at it now - its fine to have a stable specification being readied for Candidate rec and also an experimental version developed in parallel.

This could be an actual specification, or it could be a (set of) wiki pages collecting together use cases, requirements, examples, and thoughts on syntax.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG