Re: Multiple baseline question

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Julien Chaffraix
<julien.chaffraix@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that 3 engines (Internet Explorer, Firefox and WebKit prior
> to the change that prompted this question) were agreeing on the
> behavior in this case and were ignoring the 'table' for the purpose of
> determining the baseline, thus were aligning the bottom edge of the
> 'inline-block' container's margin box. Considering that it also
> matches what people would expect in this case, I feel like it would be
> better to revise the definition of a baseline for 'table' to keep
> compatibility with existing content. Let me know if that makes sense.

I've updated the definition of table baseline in the Flexbox spec to
match this behavior (tables still have baselines, but they don't
contribute this baseline toward the computation of an inline-block's
baseline).

The definition of the baseline of blocks and tables needs to be pushed
back into 2.1 errata, though.

~TJ