Re: Proposal: Minor 'text-transform' property revision

On 07/29/2012 09:33 PM, Jens O. Meiert wrote:
> I wonder whether I should ask for re-consideration of a past
> suggestion around the “text-transform” property [1]:
>
>> If not already suggested: What about to allow at least 'capitalize' in
>> combination with 'lowercase'? I think that's a combination which would make sense,
>> since one might want to force a specific notation e.g. in headlines:
>>
>>      h1 { text-transform: lowercase capitalize; }
>>
>> The 'text-transform' [1] value could simply be changed to
>>
>>      uppercase | [lowercase || capitalize] | none | inherit
>>
>> ...although I'm not sure if this turns into a serious compatibility issue.
>
> That is, this still looks somewhat useful, trivial, and compatible to me. :)
>

> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2004Feb/0507.html

My response is basically the same as Adam Kuehn's:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2004Feb/0509.html
i.e. what's the use case?

Also, in general, 'capitalize' is not smart enough to be correct in many cases,
so extending it is unlikely to be useful.

~fantasai