Re: [css3-flexbox] Problems with Collapsed Items example

On 07/20/2012 01:58 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Tab Atkins Jr.<jackalmage@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 7:43 AM, Morten Stenshorne<mstensho@opera.com>  wrote:
>>> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-flexbox/#visibility-collapse
>>> (Editor's Draft, 19 July 2012)
>>>
>>> This example doesn't demonstrate collapsed flex items at all.
>>>
>>> The example sets 'visibility:collapse' on a regular list-item (UL). This
>>> is not a list item, so it's treated as 'visibility:hidden'.
>>>
>>> There's also a missing semi-colon after 'order: 1' in the style sheet,
>>> which fails to place "main" to the right (which actually makes it match
>>> the sample rendering better :) ).
>>
>> Hm, you're right, that doesn't demonstrate it at all.
>>
>> Also, I thought we'd fixed the order:1; thing.  I guess it got
>> clobbered by accident at some point.
>>
>> I'll tweak it into working.
>
> Think I got it now.  It works according to the CSS layout engine in my
> brain, though that's never actually run the testsuite, so I'm not sure
> how accurate it is.

You had one too many flexboxes, so I tweaked the code a bit. And realized
we put too much under the @media, so shifted that out. (And fixed your
indentation; you need an editor that makes tabs visible. :P)

Also felt remorse over deleting the 'order' bit, so I just fixed the sample
rendering. It makes for a more interesting example. :)

~fantasai