Re: [css3-lists] maintainance of counter styles WAS: Khmer consonants as list markers

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:36:00 +0200, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:

> [Florian Rivoal:]

>> Authors can check that the proposed list do what they want, and are free
>> not to use them if they don't, and to publish fixed versions if they
>> find
>> a fix. If they're built into the browser, and turn out to be wrong, we
>> may
>> be stuck with wrong definitions using a valuable part of the name space.
>
> I wouldn't assume anyone will dutifully check for updates to this list
> and
> adjust their content.

That's not the assumption I am making. Instead, I am thinking that
authors will look at their content, and either decide that the current
definition works for them, in which case they won't need to update,
or that it doesn't, in which case they'll write their own or file
a bug about the definitions.