Re: [css3-lists] maintainance of counter styles WAS: Khmer consonants as list markers

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 17:07:01 +0200, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Also, even though there may not be agreement on one particular ordering,
> are
> all the options equally controversial? Even if we must make some list
> orderings
> informative shouldn't we try to suggest one so browsers may at least
> agree on
> something interoperable that will be useful some of the time vs.
> instruct everyone
> to each pick a winner in their own corner?

I am rather thinking that browser should not include these many predefined
counters at all,
and the informative note (preferably published together with a css file
with the recommended counters) be published for authors to use.

I'm also thinking that this informative list of i18n counters would better
maintained as a community effort (Community Group), preferably with at
least as much participation from i18n folks as from css folks.

  - Florian