Re: [css3-flexbox] computing "float" and "clear" on children of a flexbox

Yup, understood.

(I was just using replaced elements for my example, since their computed
value for "display" matches that of <span> by default, and that makes it
tricky to determine "is this a flexbox item" from inside in the style
system.) (not an issue anymore given your/Alex's suggested spec-update)