Re: [css3-flexbox] stretch apply to percentage heights WAS: Children of flex items ignoring cross-axis percentage length

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org> wrote:
> http://jsfiddle.net/GgzGf/6/
>
> If a percentage height doesn't apply (e.g. because it's standards mode and
> the containing block is auto-sized), should stretch apply to that flex item?
>
> Currently in WebKit and, per the flexbox spec, it does not. I don't feel
> strongly either way. Just want to confirm that this is the desired behavior.

Okay, based on this thread and the existing browser behavior, we've
clarified step 11 in the layout algo to say that it looks at the
*computed* value of the cross-size property to tell whether it can
stretch or not.  Based on the errata mentioned in this thread, that
means that percentages which later turn into auto behavior won't get
stretched.

If someone feels strongly that we should instead be using
used-value-time auto (which is theoretically possible, since this is
happening in the middle of layout), speak up!