Re: [css3-background] unbound background-clip from -origin in background shorthand

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 22:57:01 +0100, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
wrote:

> This is not really relevant to the request to change the syntax, but
> shows that IE 10, Chromium / WebKit nightly and Opera are consistent in
> their behavior and interoperable. FF is the only browser following the
> spec, and therefore not interoperable with the other browsers.

I'll note once more that FF isn't following the spec either[1], so it
shouldn't count as a reason to keep the currently specified syntax.

(It seems to be more like the 2009 CR[2], except it still allows
'content-box' to set background-clip, even though that was not allowed in
that spec version.)

I'll note that Transitions and Animations currently allow non-connected
*-duration and *-delay properties in their shorthands. There are issues
noted about a possible alternative being "/" as a connector, but
<time>{1,2} is not mentioned.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Nov/0521.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/CR-css3-background-20091217/#the-background

--