Re: [css-variables] How to spec the OM for vars?

On 8/23/12 6:22 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> That works nicely with the existing attributes, I assume?  Or do I
> need to write the getter/setter to handle them as well?

Well, at least in Gecko+SpiderMonkey the open-ended-set stuff is a good
bit slower than normal getters/setters; much harder for a JIT to
optimize.  So no, it doesn't really work that nicely for things that the
web does a lot right now like reading and writing inline style.

So my personal preference would be to use the IDL "getter" and "setter"
syntax for vars only and use normal IDL attributes for actual properties.

> Neither of these should be much of a problem.  All custom property
> have a "var-" prefix,

Ah, excellent.

-Boris