Re: [css-compositing] "add" and "subtract" blend modes

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Shawn Allen <shawn@stamen.com> wrote:

> Hi Rik,
>
> To be blunt, a compositing spec that excludes "add" or "subtract" feels
> incomplete to me, as those are two of the mathematically simplest
> operations.

I don't believe there is a blend mode that does a "subtract". Are you maybe
thinking of "difference"?

But maybe that's just because I've had creative needs for both of them and
> got really excited about not having to do them in canvas or WebGL again
> when I saw the WD. :)
>
> So yes, I do feel strongly that they should be in the first spec. Do the
> open source browsers have support for all of the other modes already?

I just checked and both WebKit and Mozilla have the modes from the current
spec built-in but none of the Photoshop ones.