Re: [media-queries] and Ambient Light Sensor API

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 3:32 AM, François REMY
<fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> |  The level of contrast you want to pick for your web page
> |  should depend not only on the ambient light level, but also
> |  on the brightness of the screen.
> |  Also, most web authors would probably have no idea
> |  a which level of luminosity they should switch their styling.
>
> Exactly. This is why I was proposing keywords. However a
> two-state filter can't make the trick here.
>
> In my sense, we should at least support 4 keywords:
>
>     - In dark mode, you could switch to a white on black color scheme.
>     - In normal mode, you could use the dark gray on white color scheme.
>     - In bright mode, you could use black on white and remove gradients.
>     - In washed mode, you could switch to pure black/white, use bolder font.

Do you know of any examples of devices that do even 4 levels?  Every
device I know of that adjusts to ambient light just has a two-stage
switch between light and dark.  For example, that's what google maps
does.