Re: [css3-values] viewport units (v*) and zoom

According to the specification, the value of the v* units depends on the
zoom level since "The viewport-percentage lengths equal to 1% of the width
of the initial containing block". When you zoom in or out, the width of the
initial containing block (viewport) should change, as well as the value of
these units.

On my computer, both IE and Chrome (the browsers which support vh/vh)
reacted properly to zoom changes, so the problem must be somewhere else :

<!doctype html>
    <head>
        <title></title>
            html, body { margin: 0px; padding: 0px; background: red;
overflow: scroll; }
            vh { display: block; background: lime; width: 100vw; height:
50vh; }
            pc { display: block; background: lime; width: 100%; height:
50vh; }
    </head>
        <!-- you shouldn't see any red on this page, at any zoom level -->
        <vh></vh>
        <pc></pc>

Without test cases, it's really difficult to take action on your message. As
you can see, I wrote my own test case and found it non-conclusive. If you
have another issue, please report a striped down test case where we can test
the buggy functionnality. Also, please try in both IE and Chrome and report
a bug to one of the two only if it's an implementation-specific issue as
this mailing list can't possibly handle all the browser-related bugs, only
the spec related ones.

Have a nice day :-)
François