Re: [css3-conditional] navigator.supportsCSS rather than window.supportsCSS

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, based on the discussions on this thread, what does the group feel
> about defining a new global named "CSS", which we use to hang new
> css-related things off of that may not be worth polluting the global
> object with (or that would require a cumbersome name if they were put
> on the global).

I don't like this idea. There's nothing like this in the platform yet, and
the difference between CSS.PixelValue and CSSPixelValue is one letter.

Either way, supports() really needs to be a document level feature anyway
because browsers support different CSS properties in standards vs quirks
mode (IE...), or even in extensions or apps vs web pages (ex -moz-binding).

document.supportsCSS(property, value) is what you want.

- E