Re: [css3-flexbox] Abspos flex-item positions

On 08/01/2012 09:00 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 2:17 AM, Morten Stenshorne<mstensho@opera.com>  wrote:
>> "Tab Atkins Jr."<jackalmage@gmail.com>  writes:
>>> Per our action item last week, we've defined the static position of
>>> abspos flex items consistently with how they're handled in block and
>>> inline flow:
>>>    http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-flexbox/#abspos-items
>>>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Jul/0605.html (minutes)
>>>
>>> The WG just tasked us with defining it according to the resolutions,
>>> so please give feedback. In particular, we'd appreciate implementors
>>> (Alex, Daniel, Morten) reviewing the proposed text.
>>>
>>> The solution we came up with is more-or-less Proposal D in the wiki
>>> <http://wiki.csswg.org/topics/flex-abspos-placeholders>, with the edge
>>> cases fully specified.
>>>
>>> We ended up not using the concept of a "placeholder" at all here -
>>> instead, the abspos item just participates in flex layout through the
>>> 'order' step, and then is ignored for the rest of flex layout.  This
>>> implies that 'order' applies to the abspos.  We can explicitly
>>> disallow this, but based on Brad Kemper's comments
>>> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Jul/0628.html>, we
>>> think the WG should revisit this decision.  (My objection to having
>>> 'order' apply during the call was about having it apply *to the
>>> placeholder*.  I'm in favor of it applying to the abspos itself.)
>>>
>>> In summary, all we're asking to do on the call is:
>>> 1. See if anyone objects to the current text.
>>
>> Looks good. One issue:
>>
>>      if ‘justify-content’ is ‘end’, it is the inner main-end edge of the
>>      flex container.
>>
>> It should say 'flex-end', not 'end'.
>
> Good catch.  I'll fix shortly.

Fixed. I actually fixed it by replacing the explicit list with a sentence
that says how to derive the static position from 'justify-content'. This
way, when we add new values to 'justify-content', we don't have to update
this section of Flexbox.

~fantasai