Re: [selectors5] Proposal for a pseudo combinator

> From: Tab Atkins Jr.
>
> The only reason current pseudo-element syntax isn't horrible is
> because of the syntax restrictions we have that prevent you from doing
> anything interesting.

I agree. The current pseudo-element syntax isn't intuitive at all and only
work in real life because of the limitations we're enforcing (no conditions
on the pseudo-element, only one pseudo-element, ...). When we'll extend the
scope of pseudo-elements, it'll be way better to use a true combinator to
distinct them from pseudo-classes and allow insignificant formatting spaces
between them.

BTW, distinguishing "a::before:hover" vs "a:hover::before" is particulary
tricky while "a :: before:hover" is clearly distinct from "a:hover ::
before".