Re: [css3-values] inaccurate statements about syntax/grammar

Le 06/04/2012 02:14, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu a écrit :
> I fully support such an effort. In particular, I am looking forward to
> the "Tree Construction" part, as I share a lot of Peter Moulder's
> questions about error handling in, in particular, block parsing[1]. The
> current grammar+rule based approach just makes me feel like I am just
> too stupid and the spec is too smart. I am looking forward to a state
> machine that I can happily trace it.

I actually encountered issues similar to Peter Moulder’s when
implementing a parser. I just made arbitrary choices that seemed to make
sense at the time, but I’d like to see these issues resolved more
explicitly in the spec.

css3-syntax seems like the place to do this. Although I’m not part of
the WG I would gladly help edit this spec.

--
Simon Sapin