vh/vw/vm (was: Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2011-10-26)

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 05:55:20 +0900, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>    - RESOLVED: vh/vw/vm stay as percentages of viewport size; clarify
> spec
>    ISSUE-194 http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/issues/194
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Oct/0464.html
>    Florian: ppl are confused about whether it's 1/100th or just 1x
>    Florian: Do we want to change that?
>    fantasai: I think part of the problem is the spec was not very clear
> in
>              tying these to the idea of percentages, which make the
> 1/100th
>              factor seem less arbitrary.
>    fantasai: Also, since IE has an implementation: chances are vh and vw
>              are more used than vm, also this would be an interpretation
>              difference, which is more of a problem; vm -> vmin would
> just
>              trigger a parse error
>    fantasai: So I'm leaning towards not changing it
>    RESOLVED: vh/vw/vm stay as percentages, clarify spec

Does IE not implement them with a prefix? It seems most people preferred
having these work like all other units, without the magical 1/100 behavior.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/