From: Boris Zbarsky
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 11:34 PM
To: Brian Blakely
Cc: Brad Kemper ; www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: User Agents Do Not Implement Absolute Length Units, Places
Responsive Design in Jeopardy

On 10/26/11 4:38 PM, Brian Blakely wrote:
> Applications are typically intentionally created for certain classes of
> device

The result of that approach is that new classes of device are locked out
of using the application.  We don't actually want to encourage that, in
my opinion.

That is, assuming device characteristics other than the ones you
actually queried for based on a media query is exactly what one should
_not_ do.

-Boris