Re: User Agents Do Not Implement Absolute Length Units, Places Responsive Design in Jeopardy

*> That seems like a very bad idea, because it's explicitly lying.*
*> "height:3in" is supported just fine; you can use it in your stylesheet*
*> today.*

I see it the other way around - it isn't supported.  The UA intentionally
lies to the author because a bug caused by an engineering problem became the
standard.

*> So, we think that #3 seems like a good direction to pursue.*

I don't hate any of those solutions, and this is almost perfect.

*RE: Multiple Stylesheets*
It should probably work like "use strict" in JavaScript.  If your stylesheet
(or <style>) has the switch in it, then you have real physical units.  If it
doesn't, you don't.  This allows you to use stylesheets from other authors
(jQuery UI et al) without conflict, should it exist.

*RE: Inline Styles*
Something in the switch syntax should toggle this.  If you need to use fake
in in one inline value but real cm in another, that is bonkers and I doubt
it has ever happened.

-Brian