Re: [css-device-adapt][cssom] Missing VIEWPORT_RULE definition

On Tuesday 2011-10-11 18:33 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Whose code?  Nobody should ever be typing numeric constants, right?
> The only reason they exist is because of tradition from languages that
> don't have interned strings, or something.

Last time I tried to use the named constants in JavaScript code I
found it wasn't interoperable, and had to use the numbers.  (I think
I was using the node type constants in that case.)  Then again,
alert(CSSRule.STYLE_RULE) works in Gecko, WebKit, and Opera.  (Maybe
the problem I had was with IE?)

-David