Re: Selecting the parent of an element

On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 13:07:12 +0200, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Oct 7, 2011 5:02 AM, "Øyvind Stenhaug" <oyvinds@opera.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 08:46:29 +0200, Rudolph Gottesheim
>> <r.gottesheim@loot.at> wrote:
>>
>>> Has = been proposed yet? Would that conflict with any other syntax?

>> "E~=F" parses as "IDENT INCLUDES IDENT". It's not clear to me if this
>> is a
>
>> problem.

> I think :matches would let you do that as specified now, right?

I don't know what you mean. Do what?

(The only interpretation I could come up with was that "E~:matches(=F)
would circumvent the issue, but I'm not sure it's intended to allow a
subject marker there. It's easy enough to avoid e.g. by inserting
whitespace anyway, but it seems unfortunate if that would make a
difference.)

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA