Re: [css3-lists] Should some properties not inherit into markers?

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 16:13:26 +0100, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 3:12 AM, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
> wrote:

>> Why not text-decoration? Does anyone from Mozilla happen to know why
>> they
>> changed it? Just because Gecko was the odd one out, just by chance, or
>> because they encountered some content relying on it?
>
> Since there was only one browser blocking text-decoration, I didn't
> include it in the question.

Ah, then I think you got it the wrong way around for that property. My
testing showed that most browsers *blocked* it. Only two (some non-nightly
Firefox and Opera Next) *applied* text-decoration from list-item to the
marker. And even then, only for "list-style-position: inside".

Come to think of it this property is slightly different in that it gets
propagated rather than inheriting normally. Simply setting
"text-decoration: initial" won't really do anything, it should probably be
"text-decoration: remove-all".

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA