[css3-lists] parsing of specs (was Re greek anomaly

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 09:43:11AM -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> Done.   (I assume you caught the previous error by doing what you just
> described - parsing the sheet and matching the glyphs to the comment?)

Yes.  One nice thing about specs being in HTML form is that one can parse
them and extract property tables or lists or the like from them.

Comparing different versions of the SVG set of colors that are deployed,
some variations can only be explained by someone having laboriously typed
them all in from the spec, swapping a few B's and 8's in the process.

Parsing the css3-lists spec may sound a bit strange, given that the data
is already supposed to be in machine-readable format.  The reason is that
at first there was just one list type from css3-lists that I needed to
implement, so I used a one-liner from the commandline to transform that
particular definition into source code.  Later I needed another type, and
then another, and the hacky one-liner grew into a perl script.  I still
haven't implemented @counter-style support, but at least I now have all
of the predefined list types implemented...

pjrm.