Re: [css3-regions] more feedback

On May 12, 2011, at 1:16 PM, Alex Mogilevsky wrote:

> I guess I wasn't sure what your point was either (on author vs. automatic). Just forget that comment then.
>
> Anyway, we do have this rule in the regions spec that the last container behaves as a regular div, not producing a page break. I don't know why we want that, but I want to make sure it is possible to turn it off. Otherwise script that adds pages as needed will be complicated, slow, messy or all of the above.
>
> My preference is to just not have this special last-page behavior. I can be convinced otherwise, but so far I have not seen a compelling use case.

The reason it is specified this way currently is that when the content flow reaches the last region, there should be a way for it to still be shown and overflow (if needed, because it could also stretch the last region to accommodate the remaining content). I think this is an example of how regions are different from pages.

Vincent.