Re: [css3-flexbox] what's the computed value of "width: flex(...)" in a non-flexbox context?

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> Though, actually, in 2.1 I think we've mostly moved towards making
> the computed values be "as specified" and changing at the handling
> or used value level, so perhaps we're better off going in the other
> direction and saying the computed value is still the flex()
> function, but it just results in the same result as if 'auto' were
> the computed value.  (I can't find an example of computed value
> mutation of this type in 2.1, though I didn't search exhaustively.)

Handling the mismatch at used value time would be fine, it's just
seems inconsistent with our distinction between computed and used
values.  The distinction I use is that computed-value time is where we
do fixup that can be done solely by looking at other properties, while
used-value time is where we do fixup based on layout information.  The
fixup that we're talking about here relies only on other property
values.