Re: [css3-speech] reading list-style markers

On 06/07/2011 05:37 AM, Daniel Weck wrote:
> fantasai wrote:
>> I think all of the numeric styles should be read out as numbers,
>> i.e. equivalent to 'decimal'.
>
> Just to double-check: you mean all of "decimal, decimal-leading-zero, lower-roman, upper-roman", with no perceivable
> difference in speech output ?

Yes. I've never read out a list with roman numbering differently than
one with decimal numbering, have you? In most cases it's a visual
stylistic difference. If there's some kind of semantic distinction,
then the UA should key off of the markup to make that distinction,
e.g. in HTML we have the 'type' attribute. (I don't know how you would
render that distinction though.)

At least that's what I'm thinking right now. Maybe you have other
thoughts? :)

Wrt spelling out the digits vs reading the number, I think we should
control that via CSS3 Lists.
   ::marker { speak-as: digits; }

~fantasai