Re: [CSS21] 'overflow' on 'table'/'inline-table'

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 01:10:13 +0200, Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
wrote:

> Le Mar 19 juillet 2011 6:37, Øyvind Stenhaug a écrit :
>> Presumably as part of the cleanup for issue 120, section 11.1.1 now says
>> that 'overflow' "Applies to: block containers" and that "This property
>> specifies whether content of a block container element is clipped" [1].
>> However, multiple tests in the testsuite assume that it applies to
>> 'table'
>> and 'inline-table' elements, which are not block containers
>> [2][3][4][5].
>

> Øyvind,
>
>> From reading the definition in § 9.2.1 Block-level elements and block
> boxes [7]
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#block-boxes
> table boxes are not block containers.

Yes, as I said.

> So, those testcases seem invalid to me.

I considered whether to report this here as a spec bug or to
public-css-testsuite as a testsuite bug. Given the resolution in [6] the
former seemed more likely to be correct. Though I guess one could still
consider the testcases invalid as long as they don't match the actual
current spec text.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA