RE: [css3-transform] definition of skewing

> Why? Because I used generated content? Safari seems to handle it quite well.
What I meant is that a 3d transform is conceptually harder than a simple rotate.

> Does the perspective value cause the vanishing points to either come
> closer together or further away from each other or is a new perspective
> point introduced?
I think that authors don't think about this when creating content. They just manipulate the graphics so they look what they have in mind.
I might be slightly biased because our products have the rotate(x, y) feature and I can see it's being used all the time...
(ie in the attached file, the green animation has this effect applied.)

> To demonstrate how your mathematical view is different from my visualization view.
> <http://css-class.com/test/css/3/transform-color-cube.htm>
:-)

> Does example 1a in the below demo meet your requirement? please view in Safari.
> <http://css-class.com/test/css/3/transforms-rotate-skew.htm>
It's close, but not quite the same.
I posted an example here:
http://mobiletest.host.adobe.com/csstest/skull.html
The flash rendering is using rotate(x,y) while the html version uses rotate.

Also, looking at the working draft, rotateX/Y are not listed: http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-css3-2d-transforms-20090320/
Are only 2d transforms are supported in animations and transitions or is the spec incorrect?

Rik