RE: [css3-images] new side-or-corner keywords?

I was reading those as "your logical coordinate system (syntax)" not as a new set of keywords.  Again, today is the first I've heard of adding new keywords that connect gradients (and thus background-image) to writing mode.

Your last message below indeed has a reference; I didn't notice it at the time.  Maybe I didn't read that message, or at least not carefully enough.  Otherwise I would have rejected it back then.

-Brian