Re: [css3-images] new side-or-corner keywords?

On 11/08/2011 1:13 PM, Brian Manthos wrote:
> So a new syntax was conceived, proposed, accepted, and applied to the
> draft in a single TeleCon?
>
> Wouldn't it be nice if everything else in CSS3 Gradients resolved
> that quickly.
>
> For the record, I'm opposed to tying background property behavior to
> writing modes.  That's new functionality that I think is both
> non-sensical and troubling.
>
> Tab -- Please raise an issue that this implementer has concerns about
> adding these new keywords.
>
> -Brian

Brian, we discussed this test case offlist last month (with a min-width
media query).

http://css-class.com/test/css/bidi/kanji-test-linear-gradient-media.htm

In IE10 preview 1, visual values were behaving as logical values. Now in
IE10 preview 2, this has been corrected. If I was to be able to use this
gradient and keyword,

   linear-gradient(start, blue, white 50%, green 100%);

as a narrowed the viewport, the gradient would change to running from
visual left (logical start) to visual right (logical end) to running
from visual top (logical start) to visual bottom (logical end).

To say that you have never heard of start, end, before, or after used
with linear gradients until now is false since this is what I mentioned
to you offlist over a month ago.

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/