Re: [css3-images] new side-or-corner keywords?

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 7:48 PM, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com> wrote:
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-images/#linear-gradients
>
> I’ve never heard of start, end, before, or after used with linear gradients
> until now.  Nor do I have any clue what they are supposed to mean.
>
> Did I oversleep a month or something?
>
> Why are we adding arbitrary new capabilities now?  I thought we had an ED
> that we could move forward yesterday; now I have no idea.

Simon Fraser suggested it, others gave good use-cases.

I'm not sure how the keywords are confusing, personally.  They're
logical directions.  They work identically to the physical directions.

I'd be fine with moving them to level 4, though, so we don't churn any
more than necessary on the functions for this level.