Re: [css3-lists] CJK numbering algorithms

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 6:08 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

>> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 4:13 PM, fantasai<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
>>  wrote:

>>> What does it mean to not drop a zero? "一百一" looks correct to me.
>>
>> Do you mean for Chinese, or Japanese/Korean formal?
>
> Chinese. "一百零一" seems excessively explicit for list numbering...
> Granted it's been awhile, and my Chinese is rusty. I could very well
> be mixing things up.

I was told that in informal styles the 0s were sometimes dropped, but
it was okay to retain them in the same way as you would in the formal
style.

>> According to the native Chinese-speaker on my team (I have a record of
>> the conversation, since it took place in text), the number 2002 0000
>> is 二千零二万, for example.
>
> Was that for spoken / prose styles or list numbering? (They might be
> different.)

Dunno.  The context of the discussion thread was clear, but it's
possible they still ended up speaking about numbering in some other
context.