Re: Extend use of namespaces

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 04:36:27 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> You lost me with the blanket statement.  I do want to style <svg:a> and
> they differ only in their namespace (and fully qualified name, of
> course), we need a way to match on either namespace or fully qualified
> name.  I wish it weren't so, but if CSS is going to be useful for
> styling HTML5 documents that include SVG, MathML, and such, then it
> needs this capability.

I guess if you really do not know upfront what the document is going to
look like you need it, but that seems extremely rare and far beyond the
typical 80/20 we require for most features. And especially a feature as
complicated as this one. E.g. having a :svg pseudo-class or some such
would have done the trick as well.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/