Re: Extend use of namespaces

> On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 10:27:35 +0200, Paul Duffin <pduffin@volantis.com>
> wrote:
>> Ok, fair enough. What are your particular issues with @namespace, and
>> how would you have addressed the need to style qualified XML documents?
>
> I do not think that is a use case worth addressing for the web.

You lost me with the blanket statement.  I do want to style <svg:a> and
they differ only in their namespace (and fully qualified name, of
course), we need a way to match on either namespace or fully qualified
name.  I wish it weren't so, but if CSS is going to be useful for
styling HTML5 documents that include SVG, MathML, and such, then it
needs this capability.

Your links seem to be about making up XML dialects, which is a totally
different issue.

-Boris