Re: Extend use of namespaces

> I guess if you really do not know upfront what the document is going to
> look like you need it

Isn't that the common case for site-wide stylesheets of all sorts (e.g.
the W3C ones that apply to all W3C specs)?

Also, user stylesheets.  Or have we stopped caring about users?

> but that seems extremely rare and far beyond the
> typical 80/20 we require for most features.

On the contrary, I think it's very common.

> And especially a feature as
> complicated as this one. E.g. having a :svg pseudo-class or some such
> would have done the trick as well.

If we added enough such, perhaps.  And we'd need to add another one if
someone creates a new XML-based language people start caring about.  The
actual cost of namespaces in selectors seems pretty low to me... and the
complication is largely an authoring one, right?

Now prebinding certain prefixes might not be a bad idea.

-Boris